All to Pixmap server

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Dec 29 18:03:59 GMT 2011

On 12/29/2011 06:00 PM, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> The tools/cstester is doing something similar. Please note that there I don't
> use the QWidgets to render the things into QPixmap but render it directly to
> QPixmaps. However the usage of QPixmaps sometimes puts a hight load on the
> xserver as all the pixmaps are transfered to the graphics memory. I plan to
> change that to generate the images using QImage instead which should solve
> this problem.
> Please not that for spreadsheers I only paint the the first page into a pixmap.
Maybe using raster instead of "native" would help ? If not I will use
QImage and contribute back the needed patch or patches.
> I see no problem it it is e.g. added to the  tools directory in case you will
> continue to maintain it.

Of course I will ! I don't have much "KDE time" left to keep a close
eyeo to something as big as Calligra but I can make sure that it keeps
working and ask for help if it doesn't.