Text layout has landed

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:34:05 BST 2011

> I'm sorry, but I actually see no other way than what I did, but I do
> apologize
> for not having waited longer.

Although I think that the new text layout should be included in the
snapshot, I do agree with Thorsten here that the branch should have got a
better review process.
Basically saying, sorry the branch was too big and a review was not
workable, so the best thing is just to push it to trunk and fix stuff
afterwards in trunk is a complete U-turn to the agreed work-flow of having
an always releasable trunk, with features developed in branches which are
merged once deemed releasable.
Making a branch and pushing it so _it can have a good test in trunk so we
fix the problem in trunk_ is no different than the previous svn work-flow:
_I develop something locally and push it to trunk when I think it is good
enough_. The difference of the branch being public vs local development is
private is actually very minimal. How many public branches have everyone
actually compiled and really tested (aside from one's own)?

That episode also undermines our dire need to finish our set up with
automatic testing, and our "staging trunk" thingy.

Pierre