Arbitration update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Apr 16 09:33:55 BST 2011

The arbitration process is still ongoing, hampered a bit by a full schedule on all parties' parts. There is a draft solution which is currently being discussed. Interested people can receive a copy of the draft solution, but it is private, confidential and anything but final.

We had an irc meeting last week during which the proposed solutionjs were discussed. It is however very difficult, not to say impossible to get agreementfrom both parties on almost any point (as would be expected). Next week, there will be some email discussion but because of the holidays, no meeting will happen.

It's taking way too long, of course, but there's nothing much Cyrille and I can do about it. Just about the only advantage of this process over the original agreement to let the KDE e.V. board decide has been that a number of issues that we hadn't even realized have become visible, and those really need to be decided.

For more details, ping me privately. I'm away most of this weekend, though :-).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org