Release process

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Apr 16 09:42:05 BST 2011

Hi!

As decided at the Calligra sprint, Hannah, Boudewijn, Cyrille and Inge have sat together to dicuss the snapshot release and what needs to be done for that. We wanted to release about three weeks after the sprint. We need help with a number of things though:

* We need a good visual guide for our application. This means about three pages that show our applications with screenshots, some compelling text about the features: this is mainly meant to point out to journalists doing reviews or articles. We really need help here!

* We need a set of interesting demo documents. Colorful, with charts, images etc. Inge and I will be working on that, but we really need some help from everyone here! Two or three documents per application would be ideal. These documents are meant to be used in screenshots, to show that what our applications are capable of in an ordinary, do-the-job way.

* The logo. I'm not sure -- did anyone give Eugene feedback on his logo prototypes? If not, we need to do this as soon as possible. When he's got some final designes for us, we need to setup a vote, like we did for the calligra name.

* Website. I have already added a draft page on Calligra Mobile. Cyrille will remove all traces of KOffice from the website, fix the frontpage layout in time for the release and the blog roll. I will start on page with all subscribers tomorrow afternoon, after publising another Calligra update.

Oh, and cetero censeo that all the unittests should be fixed! Krita currently is a major offender, but there are other tests failing that need to be made to pass befre we release!

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org