Logo

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 25 20:19:48 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 November 2010, Mark Kretschmann wrote:

> I'm sorry, but this gets a "thumbs down" from me. While I appreciate
> the effort, two cardinal mistakes have been made:
>
> 1) You can never, ever, use text in a logo. How would this work in the
> Chinese market, or perhaps in Arabia?

Just fine: both markets are totally used to text-as-image -- with many Chinese companies using calligraphy for their logos and Arabic calligraphy is really famous as well.

> 2) The font is hard to read. That's the last thing you want.

That sort of mitigates your point 1) -- if it's hard to read, it becomes a shape.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse