Website

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Nov 24 08:09:53 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 24 November 2010, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may already know, I have been working on setting up our new website
> [1], it countains an almost full copy of the koffice.org website (meaning that
> many existing account have been recreated, but the mail address is not filled,
> I will work on that later so that you can recover the account and set a
> password). The look is not final, especially the front page that countains way
> too much text, but that is for later revision. But that is not the main issues
> I want to fix today :)

Still, it's great work!

> == Categories ==
>
> First I want to work on the "learn more" page [2], and for this I would like
> to suggest that we market the Suite with two categories, that will be used in
> this "learn more" page and in our marketing materials:
>
> Calligra Office: KWord^D, KSpread, KPresenter, Kexi, KPlato, Kivio
> Calligra Art/Atelier/Create/Creation: Krita, Karbon
>
> So any thought on that ? (And especially between Art/Atelier/Create/Creation,
> in our previous brainstorming on the subject we had chosen KAtelier).

I'd go for "Art" because it's short and clear.

> == Domain name ==
>
> We have to choose what will be the primary domain name for Calligra, between:
> calligra-suite.org
> calligrasuite.org
> calligra.net
>
> Other suggestions possible, depending on availability :)

I'm tempted to go with calligra.net since that is the shortest one. Maybe later we'll be able to retrieve calligra.org from its current owner.

> == Links ==
>
> [1] http://calligra.kollide.net/wordpress/
> [2] http://calligra.kollide.net/wordpress/learn-more/

On my laptop, the kplato and krita text drops below the gray area.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse