Website

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Wed Nov 24 11:28:25 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 24 November 2010 08:43:34 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may already know, I have been working on setting up our new website
> [1], it countains an almost full copy of the koffice.org website (meaning
> that many existing account have been recreated, but the mail address is
> not filled, I will work on that later so that you can recover the account
> and set a password). The look is not final, especially the front page that
> countains way too much text, but that is for later revision. But that is
> not the main issues I want to fix today :)
>
> == Categories ==
>
> First I want to work on the "learn more" page [2], and for this I would
> like to suggest that we market the Suite with two categories, that will be
> used in this "learn more" page and in our marketing materials:
>
> Calligra Office: KWord^D, KSpread, KPresenter, Kexi, KPlato, Kivio
> Calligra Art/Atelier/Create/Creation: Krita, Karbon
>
> So any thought on that ? (And especially between
> Art/Atelier/Create/Creation, in our previous brainstorming on the subject
> we had chosen KAtelier).
I think Art is the best

But please, only market as categories and not as sub-suites

> == Domain name ==
>
> We have to choose what will be the primary domain name for Calligra,
> between: calligra-suite.org
> calligrasuite.org
> calligra.net
>
> Other suggestions possible, depending on availability :)
I'd go for calligrasuite.org. It's our name after all, and org is the right
place for us. Without the - because almost everybody concatenate rather than
use -. And it helps with search engines too afaik.

best regards
Casper