Developer Sprint

Alexandra Leisse troubalex at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:00:06 GMT 2010

Moin.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 06:44, Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I will contact Claudia from the e.V. to help us with that part. For
>> getting a
>> visa I think we need to have a date fixed. So lets try to do that until at
>> least mid of January.
>
> I'm afraid the mid of January may be a bit late for that. For German Embassy
> we need an original of the letter, so it must be sent via snail mail. So at
> least two weeks are needed for transferring the letter, plus two weeks for
> making visa at the embassy.
>
> Btw, for not waiting the date fixed, the letter, i guess, may contain
> something like "invited for 7 days in the period from 24.02 through 05.04".
> I'm not sure about the exact wording, but that's the idea.
>
> And one more point. The snail-mail letter should be sent as Registered
> letter, otherwise it'll be lost somewhere on the border :(

Actually, I'm not sure about that. I sent invitation letters to Russia
last fall and that was fairly painless. I could send scanned versions
of the letter along with a scan of my passport to confirm my
signature. If you have a confirmed booking of travel and accommodation
indicating everything is paid, it should be just fine.

Ucraine however... don't get me started. And I have no idea about Belarus...

In general, the sooner a date is fixed the better. Surprise.

Cheers,
Alex
--
Alexandra Leisse