Nokia announcement

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Dec 15 09:00:26 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Alfredo Beaumont wrote:
> A pair of questions due to ignorance...
> * Wasn't FreOffice part of the community already? Isn't it the git, etc.?
> Or  I'm missing something?
It is in git, but it follows different release schedules, I am not even sure
you can report a bug to it in kde's bugzilla. So far, it was more part of
"calligra's playground".

> * Does this 'donate' imply they're not interested in its development
> anymore?
From what I have understood (from talking to Inge) Lassi will keep acting as a
maintainer, so I guess it would be Nokia commitment to further development.

For me, renaming to Calligra Mobile is excellent news, if it means that it is
a full part of Calligra, released following our release schedule (I guess we
can have an exception for a Calligra Mobile 2.3), using our bug tracker (does
not prevent using meego's bug tracker, but it should be like we currently have
bug reports in distribution bug trackers, the bugs should move upstream if
they are not meego specific). And if patches that would make Calligra Mobile
works on other platform (ie Windows CE, Android) are accepted (does not mean
anyone will work on that ;) ).

--
Cyrille Berger Skott