Screenshots

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:53:59 GMT 2010

As pointed out by some users on both our website and dot.kde.org, the screenshots that can currently be found on our website could be improved a bit. I agree here, and I am going to take on this task. Basically, my goal is to have loads of pretty screenshots of all Calligra apps, all with the Oxygen style and window decoration. However, I'll need a bit of input from you:

1) Does anyone have pretty-looking odt/ods/odp documents (or document layouts), pictures or vector graphics that I could reuse? This is probably the most important point. A brief look at http://www.apple.com/iwork/ (it's no secret that I'm an Apple fanboy, hah) will show you that the actual documents pictured are just as important as the cool user interface around it.

2) Ideas of what to highlight in each app are very welcome. If you have this super-cool, unique, useful or whatever feature X in mind you have implemented in your app, let me know and I'll take a screenshot that fits into the theme of the others.

3) Cool would be something that reappears in every screenshot (or where applicable, at least). Like the giraffe [1] we had in one of our release announcements. If you have something in mind that I could use here, let me know.

[1] See http://www.openclipart.org/detail/17628. The original release announcement this appeared in (2.0 beta 1) doesn't seem to be on koffice.org anymore.