Ascii Import Filter

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Fri Dec 10 08:03:53 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I'm just rewriting the ascii import filter to be more performant. The new
version is about twice as fast as the old version which still converted to the
old kword format. The new filter instead convers to odf.

There is a small thing in the old filter that I basically like to remove. The
old ascii filter has 3 options to detect end of paragraph:

1. As is: at the end of the line
2. Sentence: if the end of line is the end of a sentence
3. Old method: If the line is empty or has less then 40 characters.

I think the last option was there to just keep some kind of backward
compatibility. I would like to not port that to the new filter. The porting is
not much work but I would like to remove this option.

What do you think should it be removed?

Thorsten