[Calligra] 8792843: Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.kde.org/calligr

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Dec 9 22:33:45 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When pulling, run "git pull --rebase" this avoid those unnesserary commit.
> Merge should only be used when work in a branch is finished.
>
> The difference between "git pull" + automatic merge and "git pull --rebase" is
> that rebase will replay your commits on top of the repository version.
>
> On Thursday 09 December 2010, Matus Uzak wrote:
>> commit 879284333e6f46475635cbc66a32b66a5c8fb1af
>> branch master
>> Merge: fb9b829 c3a1b56
>> Author: Matus Uzak <matus.uzak at ixonos.com>
>> Date:   Thu Dec 9 19:14:09 2010 +0100
>>
>>     Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.kde.org/calligra

That's right, but I would like to add one more remark:

Often, the following works better: "git fetch; git rebase origin/master"

PS:
Theoretically what Cyrille and I wrote should be identical, but I
found that the latter often works better. Reason unknown.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH