Conflict solving and maintainer

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 09:46:24 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 December 2010, Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> > I am very much in line with what Seb just said in his "philosophical
> > hike"(c). And it would seem from the previous posts that the current
> > maintainer bunch do not see themselves as application owners.
>
> That's definitely true for me, through I do feel some proprietary pride in
> Krita -- "This is it! we did this!"

Definitely, but this applies to all the Krita hackers. And I noticed you
said "we did this", which is exactly what I was saying, although maybe not
clear enough: I think that the current maintainer bunch do not see
themselves as exclusive application owner (as in "Krita  is mine and the
other members of the team are just bonified executant of my wishes"). Of
course the maintainers sense the same sentiment of ownership as every other
of their fellow hackers.

> If we have a "citizen list" we can have votes, and I think we need to put
> all this down in a policy document indeed. Maybe not right now, though, I
> think we should discuss it at the first Calligra Sprint.

Agreed

Pierre