[Bugsquad] Bugs for unmaintained projects

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Apr 21 15:24:35 UTC 2015

Hi Marc,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Marc Payne <marc321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I just joined the mailing list and am interested in doing some bug
> triage work. I've read the Guide to Bug Triaging and I have a little
> experience submitting new reports and commenting on existing ones.
>
> Yesterday, I commented on bug 120979 while I was hunting for
> webdav-related issues. The bug is related to quanta and is very old.
> In fact, if I understand correctly, quanta is unmaintained now
> (superseded by KDevelop). There are 239 quanta bugs currently. It
> seems to me that these should be closed, and this is where I want to
> start helping out.

Quanta is closed for new bugs sinced quite some time, but indeed
commenting on existing bugs is still possible.

> Is there a standard practice for dealing with unmaintained projects? I
> am happy to do whatever may be helpful. :)

Somebody with enough karma would have to close those bugs. Not sure
that KDevelop really is a replacement for it, as Quanta was very
specific for web development, while KDevelop is much more generic for
coding AFAICT. So I wouldn't call that a replacement, as the aims are
quite different.

Frankly, if I had to suggest an interface for writing HTML and PHP I
would much more likely suggest Kate. It's still is very far from a
real web development tool, though.

Any better ideas what could be suggested to replace Quanta in the KDE world?

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org