[Bugsquad] CampKDE

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Mon Jan 12 20:34:30 CET 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 20:06:23 zahl+kde at transbay.net wrote:
> Do we have anyone on here who is going to CampKDE this coming week?
> 16th-22nd

not me I'm afraid.

> I'd like to see if I can't pick up a few new people there by leading
> a tutorial and then triage event. It would be in the latter portion,
> probably during the hackathon, possibly during the bof.
> Possible things to triage?
> Does KOffice just want Krushes?

Yeah, they have a pretty good grip on their open bugs (which aren't that
numerous as the number of people actually using it aren't either [yet :)]).

> Maksim has asked for a list of high-profile khtml/kjs bugs. **
> ** I started http://techbase.kde.org/User:Blauzahl/Priority_4.2_bugs
> to put a list on. It also has a list of sites to check, please add
> more. I suppose we should consider this a mini-krush.

I fear I won't have a lot of time to do that but I'll at least keep in mind
this list is around.

> Has anyone talked to the PIM people lately?

I haven't really talked a lot to them lately. I fear we're still stuck on
doing ancient KMail bugs - at least that's the last thing I remember. I'd
appreciate any update indicating we're finally getting somewhere though :)

> It was also suggested that I do something on "how to write a
> good bug report". If anybody will be around virtually or especially
> physically and is really enthusiastic about one day vs. another,
> let me know. Especially if you want to help out!

I guess most of you read it, still aseigo's blog is a pretty good start:
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/bugskdeorg.html

Leave out the sarcasm and it should make a good start.

> I've been online sporadically, just enough to note that we have a
> spate of new people and that you have all been cruising through bugs.
> You rock! Thanks!

Actually same from me (You guys rock!). I've been mostly working on 2 slightly
related, unannounced projects (bugmail filtering, speeding up bugzilla) and
haven't had much time to do REAL work. :)

Regards,
Michael