[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 14:34:49 CEST 2008

On Monday 29. September 2008 21:54:55 George Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I was chatting with blauzahl on IRC about an official Bugday for KOffice
> > and she suggested I send this mail and doing a formal request.
> >
> > So here it is: Can you pleeeeease do a bugday for KOffice and triage our
> > old bugs?  :-)  Since we have just released the first beta, it would be
> > very well timed.
>
> I'll leave it for others to comment more on this, but one thing I will
> point out is that during a typical bug day, we get through about
> 250-300 bugs. Looking at statistics for open bugs, I see that KWord
> has 291 open bugs, so this would probably take an entire bug day
> itself. I think we are going to be looking at a series of KOffice bug
> days rather than just one :).

In general I have been keeping the KWord bugs database relatively clean, most
of the 291 bugs are for known issues like tables, spell checking etc.
The problem here is that some whole chunks of functionality are not yet added
in KWord2 yet and I don't want to close a bug that will still be useful to
check we have not forgotten anything when that new functionality does get
(re)added.
This would explain why there are so many open bugs for KWord :)

So I think that that if you focus only on kword bugs that were reported in the
last 4 months and/or are crashers we are good.
This means we limit the amount of bugs in kword to no more than 40 for you
guys to look at.

Thomas Zander