[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

A. L. Spehr zahl+kde at transbay.net
Tue Sep 30 12:11:26 CEST 2008

> On Monday 29 September 2008 21:54:55 George Goldberg wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> > > I was chatting with blauzahl on IRC about an official Bugday for KOffice
> > > and she suggested I send this mail and doing a formal request.
> > > So here it is: Can you pleeeeease do a bugday for KOffice and triage our
> > > old bugs?  :-)  Since we have just released the first beta, it would be
> > > very well timed.

I didn't expect such direct invoking... So consider me trolled, even though
I'm not sure there is much I can say.

> > I'll leave it for others to comment more on this, but one thing I will
> > point out is that during a typical bug day, we get through about
> > 250-300 bugs. Looking at statistics for open bugs, I see that KWord
> > has 291 open bugs, so this would probably take an entire bug day
> > itself. I think we are going to be looking at a series of KOffice bug
> > days rather than just one :).
>
> I guess it depends on what the koffice people think should be triaged the most.
> Taking into account our current (wo)manpower I think we should do one or two
> bugdays for koffice and see how much we get done with - much like we did with
> konqueror, kmail and kdepim so far.

There is something satisfying about being able to say that you've gone through
all of an application's bugs. Like with kopete.

Inge suggested that kword mattered most, but probably we should leave it up
to all their devs to argue^w decide. So I put the koffice-devel cc: back in. ;)

> I think "jumping" between triaged applications keeps it interesting and maybe
> also helps to gain more people who help with triaging. In my opinion that's
> more important than "finishing" triaging an application. After all each triaged
> bug helps.

Boredom is bad. But I suspect we could finish kword in one "day".

I know the schedule was revised, but I thought we had some blank days in it.
When were they?

And speaking of "days", tommorrow evening I plan on doing some of the kdepim
day triage, so if you want to join in but couldn't on Sunday, and you like
the company, drop into #kde-bugs and see if I'm around.

Alex
(blauzahl)