[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

zahl+kde at transbay.net zahl+kde at transbay.net
Tue Sep 30 18:24:31 CEST 2008

> On Monday 29. September 2008 21:54:55 George Goldberg wrote:
> > I'll leave it for others to comment more on this, but one thing I will
> > point out is that during a typical bug day, we get through about
> > 250-300 bugs. Looking at statistics for open bugs, I see that KWord
> > has 291 open bugs, so this would probably take an entire bug day
> > itself. I think we are going to be looking at a series of KOffice bug
> > days rather than just one :).

Well, if it is well triaged, then is this the best use of our resources?
Inge suggested that kword was most important, what about the other apps?
There seem to be a zillion, and there seems to be no easy way to get a bug
count on them all. Partly because I'm not sure what they all are. ;)

Can the people who deal with the other components tell
us how well triaged they think their bugs are?

> In general I have been keeping the KWord bugs database relatively clean, mo
> st
> of the 291 bugs are for known issues like tables, spell checking etc.
> The problem here is that some whole chunks of functionality are not yet added
> in KWord2 yet and I don't want to close a bug that will still be useful to
> check we have not forgotten anything when that new functionality does get
> (re)added.
> This would explain why there are so many open bugs for KWord :)
>
> So I think that that if you focus only on kword bugs that were reported in
> the last 4 months and/or are crashers we are good.
> This means we limit the amount of bugs in kword to no more than 40 for you
> guys to look at.
>
> Thomas Zander

40 isn't very much. One slightly bored person could do that very quickly. ;)

Alex
A. L. Spehr
(blauzahl)
i'm probably too asleep to trust myself to send any list an email... oh well