[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Sep 30 11:56:25 CEST 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 21:54:55 George Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> > I was chatting with blauzahl on IRC about an official Bugday for KOffice
> > and she suggested I send this mail and doing a formal request.
> > So here it is: Can you pleeeeease do a bugday for KOffice and triage our
> > old bugs?  :-)  Since we have just released the first beta, it would be
> > very well timed.
> I'll leave it for others to comment more on this, but one thing I will
> point out is that during a typical bug day, we get through about
> 250-300 bugs. Looking at statistics for open bugs, I see that KWord
> has 291 open bugs, so this would probably take an entire bug day
> itself. I think we are going to be looking at a series of KOffice bug
> days rather than just one :).

I guess it depends on what the koffice people think should be triaged the most.
Taking into account our current (wo)manpower I think we should do one or two
bugdays for koffice and see how much we get done with - much like we did with
konqueror, kmail and kdepim so far.

I think "jumping" between triaged applications keeps it interesting and maybe
also helps to gain more people who help with triaging. In my opinion that's
more important than "finishing" triaging an application. After all each triaged
bug helps.

Regards,
Michael