[Bugsquad] Custom fields for bugzilla

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Mon Sep 15 19:47:09 CEST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> > A problem that will need to be solved:
> > If all operation takes place in bugzilla we'll either have to give new
> > triagers full permission to get them started, have them record their
> > findings
> > externally or give them a subset of the permissions so they can access
> > all the
> > fields they need for triage (and give them full permissions like we do
> > now).
> That could be solved if bugzilla allows to use another group for editing
> these fields. We could have a special bugsquad group and add newcomers in.
> They will be able then to edit the bugsquad fields but not the rest. I am
> not sure if this is possible, though, and it still raises the problem of
> security. In the wiki, we can undo wrong changes, but in bugzilla it's a
> bit more difficult.

Well, it isn't removed in bugzilla but kept in a history. Additionally we can
still have a second look on the bugs newcomers do and change/teach accordingly
(have a search for bugs people in the special bugsquad group triaged and
recheck).

Apart from that I'm actually not worried about security that much. People can
already post all kind of crap on bugzilla and noone actually does :)

Regards,
Michael