[Bugsquad] Custom fields for bugzilla

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:48:08 CEST 2008

2008/9/15 Michael Leupold <lemma at confuego.org>

> A problem that will need to be solved:
> If all operation takes place in bugzilla we'll either have to give new
> triagers full permission to get them started, have them record their
> findings
> externally or give them a subset of the permissions so they can access all
> the
> fields they need for triage (and give them full permissions like we do
> now).

That could be solved if bugzilla allows to use another group for editing
these fields. We could have a special bugsquad group and add newcomers in.
They will be able then to edit the bugsquad fields but not the rest. I am
not sure if this is possible, though, and it still raises the problem of
security. In the wiki, we can undo wrong changes, but in bugzilla it's a bit
more difficult.

+1 to all the rest :)

Regards,
George