[Bugsquad] kde-windows bug days discussion.

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Mon Sep 8 18:58:32 CEST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008, gaurav chaturvedi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:32 AM, gaurav chaturvedi
> <gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I dont know if this is the right place to say this, but AFIK
> > kde-windows is under development too. And since ammarok, kde-office,
> > kde-pim, kde-games have been ported to a huge extent I think we can
> > have some bug days for this too right?
> > Which brings me to my next question, who has XP/Vista OS installed here?
> > :)
> This is an interesting idea. I have a copy of Vista on my computer,
> but have found it a pretty long and unpleasant experience getting
> anything that approaches a working KDE running on it recently (both

I've tried installing it on an XP machine over rdesktop quite a while ago.
While it was not blazingly fast it worked. However I agree that it's just not
the time for triaging on windows yet.

Apart from that I do still have access to that machine using rdesktop and I
also have a virtual win2003. Thus I wouldn't object to having a special
windows triage day somewhen.

Regards,
Michael