[Bugsquad] kde-windows bug days discussion.

gaurav chaturvedi gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:02:04 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:32 AM, gaurav chaturvedi
<gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont know if this is the right place to say this, but AFIK
> kde-windows is under development too. And since ammarok, kde-office,
> kde-pim, kde-games have been ported to a huge extent I think we can
> have some bug days for this too right?
>
> Which brings me to my next question, who has XP/Vista OS installed here? :)

This is an interesting idea. I have a copy of Vista on my computer,
but have found it a pretty long and unpleasant experience getting
anything that approaches a working KDE running on it recently (both
with the kde-windows installer, and emerge scripts). So, if my other
people are having similar trouble to me at the moment, I don't feel
the time is quite right for bug squashing on windows. If, on the other
hand, I am in the minority finding it so hard to get KDE-windows up
and running, then perhaps we should think about doing some bug
squashing on that platform.

So, questions... Who has access to Windows? Have you tried KDE on it?
Is it ready for bugsquashing?