[Bugsquad] How can we grow?

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Oct 14 23:10:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

looking at our current state of activity and the soon to start ongoing triage
experiment for kdepim brings me back to the old question:
How can we attract new people to join Bugsquad?

I've been trying to raise some attention by blogging but as far as I can tell
that has only attracted some people on some of the bugdays. Overall I wouldn't
really call it successful.

The website project is also still ongoing but due to very little time on my
part I couldn't push it forward during the last two weeks and I don't know
when it will be finished, so I wouldn't count on that.

Well, I've been talking to Mario on IRC today and we tried to remember how the
both of us got involved in Bugsquad. Basically on my part it was some blogging
mostly by Aaron on the way to KDE4 (krush) that got my intention. I was
continuously compiling trunk and - having quite some issues - decided I wanted
to help increase the overall quality of KDE. Then when the next bugdays
appeared I jumped aboard.
So it seems it was mostly the well respected "big guys" blogging that got me
motivated in the first place.

I'd love for some of you to share your stories. Maybe we can find some common
pattern and establish a way to increase our manpower (like bribe Aaron with
candy to blog about us :)).

Regards,
Michael