[Bugsquad] BugSquad KMail Triage

Jaime Torres jtamate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:57:18 CEST 2008

I like the idea of being part of a bug firewall.

I do not like too much the idea of a new mailing-list, just because with a
mail-list you do not know
which bugs have already been triaged or not, unless you check them in
bugs.kde.org (the same problem developers have right now).
I do not think this way is very scalable to also firewall other products.

My proposal (If it is possible to do in bugzilla):

To not fill the "Assigned To" field in the Uncorfirmed bugs, ONLY for bugs
that change their status to NEW, done automatically
following the same rules the new bug wizard is following now to fille the
"Assigned To" field.

And also to create a new predefined search for bugs not assigned and
uncorfirmed (the ones that need firewall triaging).

In that way everybody is able to check new bugs, and developers only get
reports about confirmed bugs.

Best Regards.
Jaime Torres.