[Bugsquad] Long range planning (and Seli background)

James Spahlinger james at nixeagle.org
Mon May 19 11:44:52 CEST 2008

>> Yeah, what would that mailing list be? kde-devel? kde-core-devel is just
>> libraries, I think? Or do we just corner on irc/email all lead devs?
>
> The way is not important, the target is important... if IRC, ML or classic
> email will not be enough, we'll pay SWAT to break-in in developers home and
> force them to tell us the best way to help with triaging :-)
>
> Seriously, when a new bug day is planned, the simple thing to do is send an
> email to the lead developer or to the developers team (which surely have a
> ML).
>
> This shouldn't be a problem anyway.
The point of asking devs to list their bugzilla policies in a specific
place is so that we have a central information repository on what devs
like. Specifically devs could note there: we don't really need help,
or we really could use some help.

Getting some dialog from the devs and us is important for finding new
targets, and letting everyone be aware of what our status is. Private
communications don't help with that, but a nice list with each project
that is interested in us helping them putting down their criteria, and
what they think needs work is a major start. When we think that list
gets out of date, we just spam^ ask the lists again ;).

-- James