music on a shared smb mount

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 15:26:46 BST 2020

Hi there,

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 02:31, salamandir <salamandir at hybridelephant.com>
wrote:

> i have all my music on a shared smb mounted disk, so that i can share it
> with multiple devices.
>
> how do i add that shared smb mounted disk to my "Local Collection"?

You need to have your shared SMB mounted and accessible in your directory
structure before Amarok starts, then you can simply select it as local
collection.
Keep in mind that remote folders can take some time to be scanned, smb is
usually a bit of a bottleneck in terms of speed.

Regards, Myriam
--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: