building latest git on debian buster

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Aug 22 15:16:45 BST 2019

Hi Lars,

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 12:52, Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As amarok was removed from debian archives due to missing qt5 support, I
> try to built amarok for myself on debian buster (to bad I could not
> fetch all source deps from the amarok 2.9 package built against qt4)
>
> I did a git clone, created build directory, issued a cmake ..
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user
>
> But as I am a bit unfit in compiling (a big thank you to all package
> maintainers), I am stuck at the mysql part:
>
> Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>
> As debian buster uses mariadb, I ask for help now to get the correct
> cmake build option to compile amarok

Normally this should also work with mariadb, as most distros have switched
to mariadb and it just worked. Make sure you have the correct dependencies
for mariadb, e.g. the source files

FWIW, there is a PPA for the current master build, you can find it at
https://launchpad.net/~joe-yasi/+archive/ubuntu/amarok-kde5

Just talked to Joe yesterday, he said he will provide the debugging symbols
as well in the future, so any crash reports can be used from this build.
Be aware that current master is not released yet, not even as a beta, as
sadly we have nobody with enough time and skills to port the context view
applest to qml, but you should be able to use Amarok for most of its other
components.

Regards, Myriam
Protect your freedom and support the work of the FSFE:
http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org/>