building latest git on debian buster

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Thu Aug 22 11:52:18 BST 2019

Hi!

As amarok was removed from debian archives due to missing qt5 support, I
try to built amarok for myself on debian buster (to bad I could not
fetch all source deps from the amarok 2.9 package built against qt4)

I did a git clone, created build directory, issued a cmake ..
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user

But as I am a bit unfit in compiling (a big thank you to all package
maintainers), I am stuck at the mysql part:

Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)

As debian buster uses mariadb, I ask for help now to get the correct
cmake build option to compile amarok.

Or has anyone already build a .deb from latest amarok git aource with
qt5 and share hints/tips?

Thank you.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723