building latest git on debian buster

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fri Aug 23 08:52:47 BST 2019

On 8/22/19 4:16 PM, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 12:52, Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
> <mailto:l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     As amarok was removed from debian archives due to missing qt5 support, I
>     try to built amarok for myself on debian buster (to bad I could not
>     fetch all source deps from the amarok 2.9 package built against qt4)
>
>     I did a git clone, created build directory, issued a cmake ..
>     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
>     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user
>
>     But as I am a bit unfit in compiling (a big thank you to all package
>     maintainers), I am stuck at the mysql part:
>
>     Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>
>     As debian buster uses mariadb, I ask for help now to get the correct
>     cmake build option to compile amarok
>

> Normally this should also work with mariadb, as most distros have
> switched to mariadb and it just worked. Make sure you have the correct
> dependencies for mariadb, e.g. the source files

Thats what I guess, but which directory/package do I need to set?
(sorry, no experience so far).

> FWIW, there is a PPA for the current master build, you can find it
> at https://launchpad.net/~joe-yasi/+archive/ubuntu/amarok-kde5

Tried, and failed, as the PPA needs some versions not available in debian:
amarok : Depends: amarok-utils (=
2:2.9.80+p19.04+git20190819.0015-0+yasi1~19.04) but 2.9.0-1+b1 is to be
installed
          Depends: libc6 (>= 2.29) but 2.28-10 is to be installed
          Depends: libkf5kiowidgets5 (>= 5.59.0) but 5.54.1-1 is to be
installed
          Depends: libqt5core5a (>= 5.12.2) but 5.11.3+dfsg1-1 is to be
installed
          Depends: qtdeclarative-abi-5-12-2 but it is not installable

Libc6 2.29 is in experimental, but the qt pacakges do not exist at all.

> Just talked to Joe yesterday, he said he will provide the debugging
> symbols as well in the future, so any crash reports can be used from
> this build.
> Be aware that current master is not released yet, not even as a beta, as
> sadly we have nobody with enough time and skills to port the context
> view applest to qml, but you should be able to use Amarok for most of
> its other components.
>
> Regards, Myriam

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723