amarok won't start, again...

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sun Jun 26 20:44:02 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 01:37:58PM -0700, salamandir wrote:
>On Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:15:51 PM, Thomas Lübking, an eminent manifestation
>of divinity, wrote:
>> You could have waited half an hour or 15 seconds - doesn't matter.
>> The process is probably running, so the problem is to figure what you
>> mean by "won't start", please try to access the process via dbus
>>    qdbus org.kde.amarok
>
>i'm willing to help you figure that out, but you've got to give me more than
>an instruction which results in the following:
>
>Service 'org.kde.amarok' does not exist.

Ensure to have started amarok (whether "it won't start up" doesn't
matter, just have it clicked) and then try
   qdbus | grep -i amarok
to figure the service.

>but that's the thing... if there is no indication of a problem using qdbus,
"No Gui" could be due to a start as systray icon (and a problem with the
systray) - the relevant aspect is to figure what "won't start" actually
(ie. technically) means.

Cheers,
Thomas