amarok won't start, again...

salamandir salamandir at hybridelephant.com
Sun Jun 26 20:37:58 UTC 2016

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:15:51 PM, Thomas Lübking, an eminent manifestation
of divinity, wrote:
> You could have waited half an hour or 15 seconds - doesn't matter.
> The process is probably running, so the problem is to figure what you
> mean by "won't start", please try to access the process via dbus
>    qdbus org.kde.amarok

i'm willing to help you figure that out, but you've got to give me more than
an instruction which results in the following:

Service 'org.kde.amarok' does not exist.

> Otherwise there's no actual problem.

but that's the thing... if there is no indication of a problem using qdbus,
but the GUI doesn't show up on my screen, there's a problem. it may not be a
problem with amarok, but there is definitely a problem.

i have had very few problems with amarok, and i'd like to continue being able
to use it. i understand that the version of kubuntu i'm running is reaching
its EOL soon, but i don't think that should mean that my software should just
arbitrarily stop working, with the only solution being for me to wait until
the next LTS version of the OS comes out.

--
namaste
salamandir
salamandir at hybridelephant.com

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments
--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
     -- Benjamin Franklin