amarok won't start, again...

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sun Jun 26 20:15:51 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 12:24:35PM -0700, salamandir wrote:
>On Sunday, June 26, 2016 06:52:21 PM, Thomas Lübking, an eminent manifestation
>of divinity, wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 06:48:37PM +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>
>> >But first: does it really crash or is it you who stopped the
>> >application by hitting Ctrl+C?

>> He stopped it.
>
>what you don't see is the 15 minutes of waiting between lines 583 and 584.

You could have waited half an hour or 15 seconds - doesn't matter.
The process is probably running, so the problem is to figure what you
mean by "won't start", please try to access the process via dbus
   qdbus org.kde.amarok
(i hope this is the service, I've no amarok installed)
If the process is not running you'll get an error and if it's hanging,
you'll get a timeout (some 20 seconds or so)
Otherwise there's no actual problem.

Cheers,
Thomas