Amarok hangs during playback at 0:03s mark

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at
Mon Feb 17 17:31:28 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I encountered a problem with amarok 2.8 (Kde 4.10.5, gentoo linux, amd64):

Create a playlist with songs of different formats (ogg, mp3, flac -- these I
tested). When an mp3 song ends and the next song is either flac or ogg, then it
hangs at the 0:03s mark at the next song, and does not play anything. I
reproduced on three different computers (all amarok 2.8/kde 4.10.5/gentoo,
plus/minus some version of the underlaying libs).

In general I observed:
Transitions from mp3->mp3 or ogg->ogg  and flac->flac work fine, mp3-> flag|ogg
hangs, ogg-> flac hangs too.
It seems like if the next song has a different codec, it likely hangs, except
if the next song is mp3. I could never observe a mp3 song to hang.

If it is in the hanging state, "Next song" / "previous song" work, and the
song that hung before plays fine if either started by double clicking it or by
using "next/prev". Alternatively, moving the position marker makes also the
song play.

Best regards
	Alex