Hello! & Problematic Includes to Collection

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 08:36:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 04:03, Freeman <hewho7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Hi and sorry for the late reply,

>>>/ I am very pleased to be running Amarok. I haven't discovered all of the
>>/>/ features and their nuances yet but I am mostly moved into it and delighted.
>>/>/
>>/>/ Debian Squeeze v6.01
>>/>/ Gnome2 v2.3 / Openbox v3.4
>>/>/ Linux 2.6.32
>>/>/ Dell Inspiron laptop
>>/>/ 2 GHz Turion 64X2
>>/>/ 2 Gig RAM.
>>/
>>Could you please also specify which Amarok and KDE version you have?
>>Amarok depends on kdelibs, so both versions are important.
>>

> Hello again and sorry for *my* late reply. Lost the email somehow.
>
> Since posting, I made the point upgrade to 2.4.1. I recently tested dropping
> a folder with music files into my music directory running "update
> collection" from the menu without problems.  Of course, previous issues were
> only a very small percentage of tries.

Thank you for the information.

What can cause problems are id tags that are specific to iTunes and/or
Musicbrainz. Amarok only uses the id3 specification, so you should
check if you have specific tags for iTunes and/or Musicbrainz. Another
potential issue could be DRM for files from earlier iTunes downloads.

You can use any advanced tagging software like kid3 or puddletag to
edit those or just use eyed3 on the command line. Hope this helps.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org