Hello! & Problematic Includes to Collection

Freeman hewho7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:39:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:36:24AM +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 04:03, Freeman <hewho7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi and sorry for the late reply,

> >>/>/ features and their nuances yet but I am mostly moved into it and delighted.
> >>/>/
> >>/>/ Debian Squeeze v6.01
> >>/>/ Gnome2 v2.3 / Openbox v3.4
> >>/>/ Linux 2.6.32
> >>/>/ Dell Inspiron laptop
> >>/>/ 2 GHz Turion 64X2
> >>/>/ 2 Gig RAM.
> >>/
> >>Could you please also specify which Amarok and KDE version you have?
> >>Amarok depends on kdelibs, so both versions are important.
> >>

> > Hello again and sorry for *my* late reply. Lost the email somehow.
> >
> > Since posting, I made the point upgrade to 2.4.1. I recently tested dropping
> > a folder with music files into my music directory running "update
> > collection" from the menu without problems.  Of course, previous issues were
> > only a very small percentage of tries.
>
> Thank you for the information.
>
> What can cause problems are id tags that are specific to iTunes and/or
> Musicbrainz. Amarok only uses the id3 specification, so you should
> check if you have specific tags for iTunes and/or Musicbrainz. Another
> potential issue could be DRM for files from earlier iTunes downloads.
>
> You can use any advanced tagging software like kid3 or puddletag to
> edit those or just use eyed3 on the command line. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Myriam.

I suspected the tag issue.  I will file those app names.  Tagging with
Amarok from the file browser seems to do the job sufficiently.  I rarely
boot into windows any longer, now that I have Amarok, so I think I can avoid
using iTunes in case it takes some initiative in messing with some tags
again.

I avoided DRM issues in iTunes.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody