Hello! & Problematic Includes to Collection

Freeman hewho7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:03:00 UTC 2011

>Hi and sorry for the late reply,

>>/ I am very pleased to be running Amarok. I haven't discovered all of the
>/>/ features and their nuances yet but I am mostly moved into it and delighted.
>/>/
>/>/ Debian Squeeze v6.01
>/>/ Gnome2 v2.3 / Openbox v3.4
>/>/ Linux 2.6.32
>/>/ Dell Inspiron laptop
>/>/ 2 GHz Turion 64X2
>/>/ 2 Gig RAM.
>/
>Could you please also specify which Amarok and KDE version you have?
>Amarok depends on kdelibs, so both versions are important.

Hello again and sorry for *my* late reply. Lost the email somehow.

Since posting, I made the point upgrade to 2.4.1. I recently tested dropping
a folder with music files into my music directory running "update
collection" from the menu without problems.  Of course, previous issues were
only a very small percentage of tries.

Here are the kde and amarok versions you requested (ignore the last numbers
which are upgrade priorities).  I installed amarok from the official Debian
backports archive, that is "back-ported" to Debian stable, now "squeeze,"
from Debian testing.  I have always found the backports archive to be solid.

Thanks!

kde:

Package gkdebconf:
i   1.2.66                                        testing,unstable          500
Package kdebase-runtime:
i   4:4.4.5-1                                     stable,testing            990
Package kdebase-runtime-data:
i A 4:4.4.5-1                                     stable,testing            990
Package kdelibs-bin:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package kdelibs-data:
i A 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-5                             stable                    990
Package kdelibs4c2a:
i A 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-5                             stable                    990
Package kdelibs5-data:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package kdelibs5-plugins:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package kdemultimedia-kio-plugins:
i   4:4.4.5-1                                     stable,testing            990
Package libkde3support4:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package libkdecore5:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package libkdesu5:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package libkdeui5:
i A 4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990
Package libkdewebkit5:
i   4:4.4.5-2+squeeze1                            stable                    990

amarok:

Package amarok:
i   2.4.1-1~bpo60+1                               squeeze-backports         100
Package amarok-common:
i   2.4.1-1~bpo60+1                               squeeze-backports         100
Package amarok-utils:
i   2.4.1-1~bpo60+1                               squeeze-backports         100
Package remuco-amarok:
i   0.9.2-1                                       stable                    990
Package soundkonverter-amarok:
i   0.3.8-2                                       oldstable                 100

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody