What Happened to my folders?

Kuba Serafinowski zizzfizzix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:10:26 UTC 2011

Hi

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 00:01, Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca> wrote:
> On January 16, 2011 10:25:05 pm Peter C. Ndikuwera wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> If you add the Packman repo, then you can get the latest Amarok.

Amarok is not in a Packman repo, it's free software so doesn't have to
be there (although some codecs which might be useful for you are)

>> See this:
>> http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories#Packman
>>

> If I go there I find a Packman repo alright, but nowhere on it can I find a
> new version of Amarok.
>

> Version: Factory
>
> Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Romania USA
> Version: 11.3
>
> Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Romania USA
> Version: 11.2
>
> Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Romania USA (for standard 11.2)
> Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Romania USA (for use in addition of
> KDE 3 repositories only)
> Version: 11.1
>
> Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Romania USA
>
> I don't see it when I add the Packman repo to my list of repositories, either.
>
> Or whether I look for Amarok or amarok?
>
> So where is it?

On http://software.opensuse.org type-in amarok and select your
openSUSE version, then hit 'search'. In each result there's a package
version at the bottom (for example amarok-2.4.0-11.1.i586.rpm), look
for one with 2.4.0 and then hit "1-Click Install" it will open an
installation wizard (when you select 'open' and not 'save' in the
download window, otherwise, search for the downloaded .ymp file and
click on it).
An example of the repo within Amarok 2.4.0 is: KDE:/UpdatedApps (this
is the safest bet if you are using stable KDE).

Look here for KDE-related repos: http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories