Unknown bark and bong

Thad Humphries thad.humphries at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:43:46 UTC 2010

I download and, after much trouble, built 2.3.0.  I uninstalled v2.1 with
Yast and ran make install.  2.3 came up, but when I tried to load my
collection, I got what seemed to be LOTS of Amarok sound files.  I deleted
the tracks, but two tracks in Local Collection in "Unknown" called bark and
bong would not delete, saying the directory is write protected.  They seem
to be *.au file in a some Java tutorials off my home directory and are
writeable, but how did they get into my playlist?  How do I fix this?  Is
there any manual?

I've read that 2.3 will NOT solve my problem with podcasts for my iPod
classic (which to my mind makes 2.x broken still).  But will it manage album
playlists?  I don't want to screw up some 3K+ tracks attempting to add a new
album.  What works and what does not with the iPod Classic?

Marlowe, 'Doctor Faustus' (v, 121-24)