Unknown bark and bong

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 20:43:38 UTC 2010

On 24 March 2010 04:43, Thad Humphries <thad.humphries at gmail.com> wrote:
> I download and, after much trouble, built 2.3.0.  I uninstalled v2.1 with
> Yast and ran make install.  2.3 came up, but when I tried to load my
> collection, I got what seemed to be LOTS of Amarok sound files.  I deleted
> the tracks, but two tracks in Local Collection in "Unknown" called bark and
> bong would not delete, saying the directory is write protected.  They seem
> to be *.au file in a some Java tutorials off my home directory and are
> writeable, but how did they get into my playlist?  How do I fix this?  Is
> there any manual?

Amarok doesn't have any of it's own sound files. Clearly, these files
have been picked up by the scanner because either you have crud in
your ~/Music directory or your collection setup is wacked. Make sure
you only have your actual music directory checked in your config.

> I've read that 2.3 will NOT solve my problem with podcasts for my iPod
> classic (which to my mind makes 2.x broken still).  But will it manage album
> playlists?  I don't want to screw up some 3K+ tracks attempting to add a new
> album.  What works and what does not with the iPod Classic?
>
> --
> "Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscrib'd In one self-place; but where we
> are is hell, And where hell is, there must we ever be" --Christopher
> Marlowe, 'Doctor Faustus' (v, 121-24)

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/