[Patch] Allow toolbar to be completely detached as a window

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Mar 20 12:55:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Nikhil Marathe <nsm.nikhil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have modified the Main Toolbar so that when it is made floating,
> rather than simply retaining the fake toolbar window, it creates a
> proper window of its own.
> This allows the main window to be minimized etc, while still keeping
> the toolbar active, somewhat like Amarok 1.4 had a separate window. I
> believe this is
> an improvement over the current detachment. The technique I've used is
> to listen for mouse events and create a new window with a new instance
> of the toolbar. There is one problem: The tracks toolbar doesn't
> expand to its full size, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it
> do so. The git
> commit message details the procedure. I hope it is useful and gets in.
>
> PS. I'm not sure how to send patches to the Amarok ML, inline or
> attached, so attaching as git format-patch output.

Thank you for your patch :)

Ideally you would create a "Merge Request" on Gitorious, which allows
us to review your patch more easily, and to comment on it, and
eventually to merge it into Amarok. Here are some examples of existing
Merge Requests:

http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests

--
Mark Kretschmann