[Patch] Allow toolbar to be completely detached as a window

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 12:34:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have modified the Main Toolbar so that when it is made floating,
rather than simply retaining the fake toolbar window, it creates a
proper window of its own.
This allows the main window to be minimized etc, while still keeping
the toolbar active, somewhat like Amarok 1.4 had a separate window. I
believe this is
an improvement over the current detachment. The technique I've used is
to listen for mouse events and create a new window with a new instance
of the toolbar. There is one problem: The tracks toolbar doesn't
expand to its full size, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it
do so. The git
commit message details the procedure. I hope it is useful and gets in.

PS. I'm not sure how to send patches to the Amarok ML, inline or
attached, so attaching as git format-patch output.

Regards,
Nikhil