Error feedback

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jun 14 09:42:47 UTC 2010

Hi Ian,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 07:41, Ian Rees <ian.rees at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       This evening I sorted out a MySQL related problem on my machine
> that showed up as Amarok 2.3.1 not successfully populating "Local
> Music", and it struck me as strange that Amarok didn't report any
> errors without being run from a console with --debug specified.
>
> Is there a reason for not having a simple popup dialog to report
> something like "MySQL Error: Tried to perform query on uninitialized
> MySQL"?  I'd prefer to have pertinent error messages show up somewhere
> in the GUI rather than failing silently, and would be glad to help
> with implementing that behavior if it's something that the community
> would appreciate.  Thoughts?  -Ian-

This only happens if you start Amarok in debug mode, making this
default would be a bit exaggerated for most users.

If you want to see debug messages by default, please start Amarok in a
konsole with 'amarok -d --nofork', you will then get konsole messages
that can point you in the right direction.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org