Error feedback

Ian Rees ian.rees at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 14 05:41:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

       This evening I sorted out a MySQL related problem on my machine
that showed up as Amarok 2.3.1 not successfully populating "Local
Music", and it struck me as strange that Amarok didn't report any
errors without being run from a console with --debug specified.

Is there a reason for not having a simple popup dialog to report
something like "MySQL Error: Tried to perform query on uninitialized
MySQL"?  I'd prefer to have pertinent error messages show up somewhere
in the GUI rather than failing silently, and would be glad to help
with implementing that behavior if it's something that the community
would appreciate.  Thoughts?  -Ian-