Elegance -- some suggestions for amarok first run

Ben K benkloester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:10:56 UTC 2010

Myriam, why are you so resistant to constructive feedback?

 Every time someone provides feedback, it seems that many of the Amarok devs
have a knee-jerk reaction to try and shut down the poster. In general I've
noticed a tendency of framing responses so as to avoid making any change not
already foreshadowed by amarok devs.

For the many, many Gnome Amarok users, Amarok is the only program prompting
for kwallet. I literally get prompted for a password every time I start
Amarok. I use last.fm, so I don't mind so much. For those that don't, the
preferred behaviour seems foolishly obvious: don't bother them with an
un-needed prompt.

I realise Amarok is a KDE app, but a focus on KDE shouldn't act as blinkers.