Cover art on Amarok 2.2.1

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:20:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:34 AM, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I keep coming across this problem and it is the main reason why I am
> becoming increasingly reluctant to rely on Amarok as my default mp3/ogg
> player:
>
> The album art shows up in the data base when I use the Cover Manager,
> but, each time I play an album or a track so the album cover just
> doesn't show up.  When I try to manually retrieve it (a) there is no
> longer any choice for the source from which I can retrieve the cover and
> (b) a little dialog box appears saying "unable to find a cover for the
> specified song".  This is completely unhelpful.  I do have the
> "automatically fetch covers" options checked, but that doesn't help either.
>
> I am running Amarok with the full KDE libraries on an updated Debian
> testing machine.
>
> Any help please?
>
> AG

One way to absolutely have the cover image you want, is to put a copy
of "cover.jp" or "cover.png" inside the folder of the album. Some
tagging programs will do the fetching for you automatically. A bit
time-intensive, but positively fool-proof.

Valorie, who has started doing this, especially for compilations

PS: Cover-fetching has been given some love in 2.2.2, I hear. Today!

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .