Cover art on Amarok 2.2.1

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:34:46 UTC 2010

Hello

I keep coming across this problem and it is the main reason why I am
becoming increasingly reluctant to rely on Amarok as my default mp3/ogg
player:

The album art shows up in the data base when I use the Cover Manager,
but, each time I play an album or a track so the album cover just
doesn't show up.  When I try to manually retrieve it (a) there is no
longer any choice for the source from which I can retrieve the cover and
(b) a little dialog box appears saying "unable to find a cover for the
specified song".  This is completely unhelpful.  I do have the
"automatically fetch covers" options checked, but that doesn't help either.

I am running Amarok with the full KDE libraries on an updated Debian
testing machine.

Any help please?

AG