Cover art on Amarok 2.2.1

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:41:44 UTC 2010

Try the copy cover script :
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=113293, it will
automatically write the image which has been fetched on the directory of the
current track.

-Simon

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:20, Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:34 AM, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I keep coming across this problem and it is the main reason why I am
> > becoming increasingly reluctant to rely on Amarok as my default mp3/ogg
> > player:
> >
> > The album art shows up in the data base when I use the Cover Manager,
> > but, each time I play an album or a track so the album cover just
> > doesn't show up.  When I try to manually retrieve it (a) there is no
> > longer any choice for the source from which I can retrieve the cover and
> > (b) a little dialog box appears saying "unable to find a cover for the
> > specified song".  This is completely unhelpful.  I do have the
> > "automatically fetch covers" options checked, but that doesn't help
> either.
> >
> > I am running Amarok with the full KDE libraries on an updated Debian
> > testing machine.
> >
> > Any help please?
> >
> > AG
>
> One way to absolutely have the cover image you want, is to put a copy
> of "cover.jp" or "cover.png" inside the folder of the album. Some
> tagging programs will do the fetching for you automatically. A bit
> time-intensive, but positively fool-proof.
>
> Valorie, who has started doing this, especially for compilations
>
> PS: Cover-fetching has been given some love in 2.2.2, I hear. Today!
>
> --
> New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
> Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .
> All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com

Simon Esneault
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image, (LTSI, UMR-INSERM 642)
Université de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu,
35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel : +33 (0)6 64 61 30 94
Mail : simon.esneault at univ-rennes1.fr