Amarok Promo Team is looking for help

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jan 15 11:02:30 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag 12 Januar 2010 schrieb Myriam Schweingruber:
> Hi Valorie,

Hi,

<fedora at berkenpies.nl> wrote:
> >> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 01:04:50 -0800, Valorie Zimmerman
> >> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> > As you are scrolling though Bugzilla, how about noticing what comes
> > up over and over again? And what sort of answer is the most
> > effective? Make notes, and send those to the Promo list or here, when
> > you feel like it.
>
> I don't think we should put bugs in a handbook. I triage all Amarok
> bugs when they come in and I don't understand why this would be
> relevant for the handbook at all, sorry. Could you elaborate why this
> has anything to do with the writing on how to use Amarok?

Hmmm, I agree that actual bugs should be fixed. But maybe there is some
stuff in KDE's bugzilla that aren't real bugs but problems with
understanding how to use Amarok? Albeit then it might be more of a
usability than a documentation problem - at least when Amarok strives to
achieve the goal to be usable in general without reading the handbook and
see the handbook more than a reference and information source on how to
use special, sometimes a bit hidden advanced functions.

Ciao,