Upcoming Events Applet Map View

Michael Gapczynski gapczynskim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 00:44:13 UTC 2010

I'm testing out Amarok 2.4 beta 1, it's looking pretty nice, and noticed the
new map view in the upcoming events applet. The map didn't appear when I
tried using it, but I also noticed that it was using Google Maps. I found
this strange since Amarok is part of KDE, I'd expect it to be using Marble.
I've seen Marble used in different KDE applications before. I did some
research and found out that Marble can easily be used as a widget. Here's a
techbase article on it:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarbleCPlusPlus . I think that the
map view would look much better if it was integrated with Marble.